Covid-19 Safety Precautions
We are taking the utmost precautions to ensure our clients are protected and safe against COVID-19 exposure. We are following the guidelines issued by Public Health Ontario and are utilizing PPE and screening techniques to stay safe.
What We Are Doing:
- Closely monitoring and following public health guidance from the World Health Organization, Health Canada, and the Ontario government, to ensure our team follows best practices for infection prevention.
- Educating all team members on recognizing the symptoms of COVID-19 in themselves and others and the need to stay home if they are sick.
- Requiring all team members to complete a daily screening questionnaire about any COVID-19 symptoms or potential virus exposure before they can schedule visits to client homes.
- Training all team members in cleaning protocols known to effectively reduce the risk of virus transmission, including frequent proper handwashing and cleaning of surfaces, especially high-touch surfaces (e.g., counters, door knobs, sinks, medical equipment).
- Providing personal protective equipment (PPE) such as surgical/procedure masks and gloves to be worn at all times during visits to client homes, including training on wearing, removing and disposing of PPE.
- Offering virtual visits by video or phone if clients and their families prefer during this time. We will work with you to offer seamless care through virtual visits tailored to your schedule, needs and preferences.
Where to find more information about COVID-19:
- Public Health Ontario fact sheet on how to prevent COVID-19 for older adults and people with chronic medical conditions or weakened immune systems
- Ontario Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 site – includes self-assessment tool, where to find an assessment centre, information on infection prevention
- Public Health Ontario Information on COVID-19 – fact sheets, testing information, links to medical research
- Telehealth Ontario – source of free medical advice staffed by Registered Nurses
- Government of Canada’s COVID-19 information – news updates, Canada’s official response, travel advisories
- World Health Organization’s COVID-19 information – public advice, global updates, frequently asked questions
Why should I use your services?
Livingwaters Healthcare's primary concern is always the safety and wellbeing of our clients and their families. We are practicing safety measures as issued by Public Health Ontario to ensure the health and wellbeing of our clients. These measures include providing personal protective equipment, hand washing instruction, temperature checks, routine screenings, social distancing, sanitization, strict scheduling, and other instructions. With the right precautions, we and our team are ready to provide quality care to all of our clients. We thank you for trusting us.
Livingwaters Healthcare' provides expert home care service to seniors, veterans, infants, and more. Our qualified staffs are experienced in providing nursing care and assistance with daily tasks for our clients. We provide compassionate care for those who wish to remain living in their home but need a little extra help with daily activities. We aim to meet both the physical and emotional needs of every client we assist. It is our goal that each client feels safe and comfortable in their own space. Our staff understands that comfort is very important to health. You can always expect the very best home care service from the Livingwaters Healthcare team.
What services does Livingwaters Healthcares provide?
We provide a wide range of home care services. We are able to assist seniors, veterans, infants to toddlers, and also corporations. With our experienced team of certified nurses, you can expect personalized care that exceeds your needs and conditions. Our personal home care services include essential activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, hygiene, positional assistance and more. We aim to make our clients as comfortable as possible, no matter what they are dealing with. Our team can assist with grocery shopping, transportation, meal prep and more. We will also develop a comprehensive home safety plan to ensure you are safe living on your own with no hazards. Furthermore, we provide financial assistance for clients that are having trouble making financial or medical decisions. It is our goal that you live a happy, comfortable life, regardless of your age or condition.
What are the benefits of home care?
Home care is a convenient way to receive care in the familiar comfort of your home. Being in the safe environment of your home can promote your physical, mental, and emotional health. Engaging with a personal nurse and enjoying social companionship can also promote a positive and healthier mood.
How can I get my family member to accept help?
It may be difficult to convince a family member you love to change their way of life and receive home care service. They may see homecare as a loss of independence, an invasion of privacy, or a waste of money. In this situation, it is important to listen to and acknowledge their fears and reasons for not wanting assistance.
To help your family member maintain a sense of dignity and independence, express the need as yours, for your own well-being. You can explain that knowing someone else is with your family member when you are unable to be there allows you to not worry.