We have police report forms at our head office. Please come Monday through Thursday between the hours of 9am-3pm. Please bring a valid form of photo identification to obtain the form

Your vulnerable sector screening is valid for one year from the date of issue by the Toronto Police Department.

Step 1 – pick up the form from our head office

Step 2 – bring the police form to the closest police station to your home

Step 3 – pay for the VULNERABLE SECTOR SCREENING $65

Step 4 – wait 10 days for the results

This depends on the area in which you plan to work. The majority of group homes in the Toronto area require Safe Management training. Group homes in Newmarket require Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI). Possessing both trainings opens up the opportunity to be able to work in more homes though it is only necessary to have one of the trainings to register with LivingWaters.

Unfortunately, you may not. The Ministry of Ontario changes the curriculum every year. It is our responsibility to ensure that any current or future staff is up to date on all of their required training.

The Standard First Aid and CPR Level C is a 16 hour training. Here you will learn how to deal with common medical emergencies that can occur in the workplace or at home. The Toronto Paramedic Services First Aid/CPR program is recognized by the WSIB as EMS First Aid.

Topics Include:

  • Emergency Scene Management, Shock, Levels of Consciousness
  • Heart attack, Stroke and Sudden Cardiac Arrest
  • Adult CPR and Choking Sequences
  • Public Access Defibrillation,
  • Wounds, Bleeding and Burns
  • Diabetes, Allergic Reactions, Asthma
  • Infant and Child CPR and Choking Sequences
  • Bone and Joint Injury
  • Heat and Cold Emergencies

Unfortunately, you may not. A valid CPR/First Aid Level C is required to register with LivingWaters Health Care.

Please visit Canadian Red Cross at http://www.redcross.ca/training-and-certification to find training in your area.

We accept Developmental Service Worker (DSW) certificates, Child and Youth Care Workers (CYW) certificates, Social Services Worker (SSW) certificates, Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) certificates, Registered Nurse (RN) certificates, and Health Care Aid (HCA) certificates. To register with LivingWaters, a school certificate in the field of health care is required.

You would have to enroll in a one year Personal Support Worker (PSW) program at an accredited college in Ontario.

To use your foreign nursing certificate in Canada, it must be assessed by the National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS). The application is online at www.nnas.ca. Once the application process has been completed, the NNAS will inform you of the Ontario equivalent for the nursing degree you hold. That assessment can be used to register at LivingWaters.

A medical form can be retrieved from our head office Monday through Thursday between the hours of 9am to 3pm. You can also download it by clicking here. Your family doctor is to fill out the form and stamp it with their official stamp.